NBC Band of Brothers series:
Simple Soul Sharing
Feb. 4 for only 1 hour from 9 to 10 am
PLACE: Northshore Bible Church
19516 Sunshine Ave, Covington, LA 70433
NBC Band of Brothers,
* DOWN BELOW this intro note, I'll link various resources as the months unfold (handouts, articles, recommended books/videos, and organization websites.
I’m looking forward to facilitating the new five month series of one hour 9 am Saturday morning meetings. Thanks Seth for offering to me this opportunity to serve. Prayer preparation is the key to everything we do for the Lord, so please be in continual prayer about this series. And be sure to invite and bring any men the Lord puts on your heart.
The focus of this series will be on witnessing, but not the way that might first come to your mind. As brother Jerry said in a recent sermon about Matthew 9:35-38, the need (harvest) is great and our Father wants to use us to reach the souls of other men who are ready (ripe) to receive. In that same passage, as Jerry mentioned, Jesus was motivated with deep compassion for the lost, weary, and scattered sheep who had no shepherd. He is the Good Shepherd, guys, and we are His SHEEPDOGS. Perhaps more than ever before in history, Satan, the anti-shepherd wolf, has powerful weapons (modern media, arrogant academia, and predatory “pastors”) to deceive, lead astray, and destroy vulnerable sheep who need sheepdogs to rescue them.
Sadly, I’ve seen some LESS than biblical ways taught and used for “evangelism”. Many are pushy and insensitive, while others are canned, cookie cutter programs that turn people away from Christ. My hope and prayer is to help encourage and equip us in the profoundly simple, soul-sharing, principles of our Good Shepherd, Savior, Christ – His Way, NOT mine. Not only His Way, but also adapted to each of your unique packages of abilities and disabilities. Christ in His wisdom has given us practical principles that can work through any personality and any background. Whether you’re verbal or the silent type, can quote a bunch of verses or simply know the core basics, have the gift of teaching or the gift of mercy and service, your Lord wants to reach other men through you.
Please pray for our Father to make a way for all those who can to be able to attend. Now at 60, it’s been amazing watching how the world, the flesh, and the devil can bring up hindrances and temptations. The enemy wants to keep men of God from gathering for prayerful study of Scripture. Satan does all he can to prevent us from more powerfully serving the purposes of Christ our Lord in this increasingly corrupt world. Our wives, children, friends, and neighbors need us to step up as sheepdogs to rescue those the wolves are after.
Think about it guys, almost nothing will keep you from showing up to watch the three-hour Super Bowl. Imagine what could happen if brothers of Christ will make the same commitment to our Father’s purposes and priorities.
Please pray without ceasing, especially for the Lord to use me in spite of my limitations. Invite other men as our Father leads, and arrange to pick them up if you think they might over sleep.
Please keep praying guys and invite men as our Father leads.
Gratefully and prayerfully,
Just an OLD sheepdog of our Good Shepherd, Christ
LINKS to RESOURCES:
- OUTLINE PDF for the series
- IDENTITY OF A REAL-MAN (free Power Point 78 slides)
- HIS GOSPEL: Your Hope
- HYPOCRITES: ALL OF US
- APOLOGETICS:Defending Christ's Honor
- CHRIST'S WAY OF LIFE vs. Evil-utions Way of Death
- CHRIST'S COUNSEL FOR INDIVIDUALS
- CHRIST'S COUNSEL FOR FAMILIES
- CHRIST'S COUNSELING RESOURCES
OTHER STUFF (usually better :-)
- REAL CHRISTIANITY, by William Wilberforce 1797. Wilberforece was the central intrument of God to end trans-Atlantic slavery. It was originally entitled, A Practical View of the Prevailing Religious System of Professed Christians, in the Higher and Middle Classes in This Country Contrasted with Real Christianity. This small updated book for the modern reader is a relevant today as it was in the 18th century. It explains why "Christians" and "churches" in affluent countries often fail to impact the world around them for Christ.
- Why Every Christian Should be a Sheepdog by Det. J. Warner Wallace, an American homicide detective and Christian apologist. He has authored several books, including Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene.
On Sheep Wolves & Sheepdogs, by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
* see also Sheepdog Training Seminars for churches by Grossman.
* Dave is an internationally recognized scholar, author, soldier and speaker who is one of the world’s foremost experts in the field of human aggression and the roots of violence and violent crime. He is a former West Point psychology professor, Professor of Military Science, and an Army Ranger who has combined his experiences to become the founder of a new field of scientific endeavor, which has been termed “killology.” In this new field Col. Grossman has made revolutionary new contributions to our understanding of killing in war, the psychological costs of war, the root causes of the current “virus” of violent crime that is raging around the world, and the process of healing the victims of violence, in war and peace. He is the author of On Killing, which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize.
* see also Dave's youth book, Sheepdogs: Meet Our Nation's Warriors
- YOUTUBE 10 min. How to Witness across the Racial Divide.
* An interview with a corrupt "white" cop and the "black" man he framed, and how the good news of Christ's forgiveness can work a miracle.
WILL BE ADDED
AS THE DAYS
& MONTHS UNFOLD ...