GSI Streaming Seminar:
& Other Animal Anecdotes
Not Just for the Kids
- everybody loves animals! -
© Sid Galloway BS, M.Div.
Just an old sheepdog of the Good Shepherd
Communicating conclusions from
100's of PhD scholars (& children)
Supporting the authority of His Word & the consistency of His character
Human Rights? Slavery?
Animal Rights? Cruelty?
What about God's right to command compassion
for all of His creatures?
The purpose of this seminar and its corresponding webpage is to demonstrate through 100's of personal examples the wonderful, God-designed nephesh capacity that allows many of His animals to think and feel. The ability of some animals to reason and solve complex problems is truly amazing. Their depth of emotions such as pleasure/trust/love and sadly pain/fear/anger is humbling. God's gift of nephesh (Old Testament Hebrew for "soul") should inspire awe and worship for Him and a sincere sense of responsibility in humans to serve both our "brother's keepers" as well as God's original "zoo keepers".
(Gen 1:26; 2:15; Prov 12:10)
My daughter Kathleen and our elephant friends Jean and Panya
(See the elephant zoo stories down below)
(See the many Mandy stories down below under leopards)
The beautiful clouded leopard above is Mandalay ("Mandy"). She was full grown (they're only 40-50 lbs), and she was more gentle than a house-cat. I even took naps in her cage on the heated floor during the winter.
After the Zoo, I lived and worked at a Veterinary clinic, assisting the Vets with emergencies, surgeries, radiology, and anesthesiology. Later after becoming a Christian, a new burden of the heart developed with a desire to help hurting families.
Daily prayer sought God for guidance on the decision between full-time animal keeper or brothers' keeper. Soon, allergies developed to most mammals. Coincidence? There is no way to be sure, but the decision was then easy. So back to school - Seminary. Strange background for ministry? Maybe, but remember that even Adam, Moses, & David learned to L.E.A.D. people by shepherding animals.
Wing-Deformed Goose, "Stubby", with his faithful mother & father
They stayed with him 24/7 for two years until he was hit by a car.
They demonstrated love & loyalty surpassing most human parents.
After the car accident, Stubby was rescued & rehabilitated.
One day, God's New Eden is coming ....
"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat....
....They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord...."
Darwin, an Ape, and his Zookeeper:
"One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the orangutan was reading two books: the Bible and Darwin's, Origin of Species. Curiously he asked the ape, "Why are you reading two such opposite books?" "Well," said the orangutan, "I'm trying to figure out if I'm suppose to be my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."
[Author Unknown - and modified a bit]
Creation Stories from past Zoo, Veterinary, & Biology Teacher experiences . . .
(The Lord willing, the stories will be online soon. Now mostly pics. . . )
"But ask now the beasts and they shall teach thee;
And the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee . . . . "
Old 1979 Pencil Drawings
(only dreaming about zookeeping back then)
Suzy (My genius dog - Collie/Husky Mix - "Canis Genius")
Suzy was a genius of a dog. She was rescued from a shelter as a sick and abandoned puppy, but soon took to training with phenomenal focus. She eventually learned over 20 verbal commands and many hand signals.
- Suzy and her frisbee obsession
- Suzy's jealous effort to push my bride out of our bed
- . . .
Akela, Rakshi (Tigers - Panthera tigris)
- Tiger Moaning (when begging for affection)
- Tiger Chuffing (when greeting a friend)
- Tiger Chuffing & Grumbling (a really good friend)
- Tiger Low Growl (a warning)
- Tiger Threatening (a serious warning)
- Tiger Growling (last warning)
- Tiger Fury (too late)
- What happened when a cruel keeper entered the tiger den?
- The wonderful way tigers greet a human friend.
Mandy, Koa, Hanoi (Clouded Leopards - Neofelis nebulosa)
Mandy (Clouded Leopard) Stories:
- Why Mandy let me hold her when the vet gave her vaccinations.
- Mandy's response to a violently abusive keeper (he was fired).
- How do you teach a leopard to stop playing too rough?
Ali, Niki, Sheva (Black Panthers - Panthera pardus)
Black Panther Stories:
- What happens when a keeper enters a leopard yard to test the response?
- How sweet Sheva ended up with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- What it took to convince angry Ali to let me rub his belly while he ate.
Banu, Byomi, Candra (Malayan Sun Bears)
- Banu the clown full of hilarious habits
* Tongue-in-Cheek or Tongue-in-Eye
* Smarter Than the Average Human
* Hell Hath No Wrath Like That of Bear Whose Grape was Stolen
- Byomi the Gentle Girl
Frankie & Momma (Orangutans) - photos will be uploaded soon . . .
Scottie & Molly (Gorillas) - photos uploaded soon . . .
Spot (Bull Bangtang)
Bull Stories: not stories full of bull
Topsy, Jean, Annette Marie, Panya (Asian Elephants)
Shankar, Lady (Indian Wolves - Canis lupus)
Pandita, Bala (Striped Hyenas)
Bratar, Rani (Lions - Panthera leo persica)
The Gang (Otters)
Old Otter Stories:
New Otter Stories:
Crane with a Sword - photos will be uploaded soon . . .
Wizard (Margay Cat)
Mini-Cat Margay Stories:
Raccoons: "Rory", "L'l River", "Mother's Day Momma", and more ...
Raptor: Owls, Hawks ...
Much more uploaded soon . . . .
Past articles, ppts, and seminars on this subject are being reworked ...
Two Decades writing - 100's of articles - 1,000's of files -Not gone
- The OLD resources are not gone, just retired (archived).
* As I upgrade the site piece by piece, trying to teach myself Dreamweaver CSS :-), some pages could temporarily not work well . .